Far away Friday - The George Hotel, Warwickshire
Wishing I was far away this Friday, perhaps somewhere like The George Hotel in Warwickshire, UK. This boutique hotel has 16 rooms, and each room is named after a favourite food (exactly whose favourite food I'm not too sure!!). Right above the bed in each room is a padded headboard illustrating the food for which the room is named. Here's my favourite, the Oyster Room...
Another is the Asparagus Room...

And yet another is the Raspberry Room...

The private meeting room looks pretty swish too - love the exposed beams and the chandelier...

And the hotel's library with a beautiful open fire and deep leather armchairs looks pretty cosy...

And here's a glimpse of the exterior...

Alas, I won't be running away to The George Hotel this weekend! Instead I'll be watching my son play competition tennis, cooking and hosting the book club lunch at my house tomorrow afternoon, catching up with my girlfriend Christina on Sunday morning, looking for a new camera in the afternoon, and somewhere in between I'll be trying to do a spot of gardening in my very unkempt garden.
Another is the Asparagus Room...
And yet another is the Raspberry Room...

The private meeting room looks pretty swish too - love the exposed beams and the chandelier...

And the hotel's library with a beautiful open fire and deep leather armchairs looks pretty cosy...

And here's a glimpse of the exterior...

Alas, I won't be running away to The George Hotel this weekend! Instead I'll be watching my son play competition tennis, cooking and hosting the book club lunch at my house tomorrow afternoon, catching up with my girlfriend Christina on Sunday morning, looking for a new camera in the afternoon, and somewhere in between I'll be trying to do a spot of gardening in my very unkempt garden.
What are you up to this weekend? Would you like to run away somewhere glamorous like The George Hotel???
(Images: The George Hotel)
(Images: The George Hotel)
Post a Comment